Blue topaz rings are undoubtedly beautiful and regal. Topaz as a gemstone is on its own a wonder to behold with its radiant hue that resembles the sea and the sky. Do you want to know more about it? How about some fascinating facts and trivia as well as the meaning behind this precious stone? If you’re interested then keep scrolling and read on as we’ve got a long list to tickle your curiosity.
- There are actually three main shades or saturation for the said gemstone. We have the sky blue which is gentle and the lightest of the three while London blue is characterized by a darker and deeper shade. Swiss blue hits right in the middle and is often described as bright and vivid.
- It is the birthstone for the month of December which is perfectly fitting given the often icy and chilly weather that the winter season brings during this time of the year.
- It symbolizes calmness, peace and serenity thus it has been related to relaxation and meditation. Furthermore, it is also believed to help calm anxiety, heal hurt feelings and calm raging emotions.
- In connection to the previous item, the same reason is used as to why earlier civilizations believed that wearing a blue topaz ring can help ward off nightmares and help aid better sleep and rest.
- As far as healing powers are concerned, ancient tribes used it to help relieve burns and help cool down hot or boiling water. Even up until today, a lot of people still believe in its medicinal prowess which includes the healing of digestive related problems like a bad stomach, a sore throat and a loss of one’s sense of taste.
- In matters of the heart and relationships, this gemstone is associated with loyalty and eternal love. It is known to evoke and encourage honesty and appreciation not between couple, married or not. The same holds true among friends which is why many friendship rings are adorned with a blue topaz.
- It is dubbed as the knowledge and communication stone as it is believed to aid in healthy brain functions, focus, analysis, creativity and even in communication. As a matter of fact, the wearing of blue topaz rings is highly advised when one has to do some sort of public speaking or presentation. Donning one helps make the bearer a better and more effective communicator.