When purchasing platinum diamond solitaire rings, it is crucial that one ensures the quality and value of the items purchased. These pieces do not in any way come cheap even if others are deemed affordable. More so, those with heftier price tags only necessitate that the buyer be even keener when purchasing them. Additionally, they are more than just a regal piece of jewelry. Many of them hold certain personal values and significance. Even so they are more popularly purchased as presents than personal possessions. With that being said one should keep in mind the characteristics to look out for in quality platinum diamond solitaire rings.
1. METAL DURABILITY – Platinum is in itself a very durable metal. Any scratches brought about by accidents and mishandling causes no metal loss and can easily be fixed by an expert jeweler or craftsman. With this regard it is important to ask how pure your jewelry is and if other metals have been mixed, what they are and what hey denote regarding durability.
2. POLISHED DESIGN – Metal being malleable, they are crafted into various shapes and forms. Others have several stones set on them or with a single spectacle as is the case with solitaire rings. One should be keen on the finish of the item. Are there any irregularities? How about consistency in width and size? Are the cuts clean with no rugged edges?
3. CLEAN CUT AND FINISH – When it comes to the diamond, the round brilliant cut is by far the most popular but other fancier variants are also available such as the heart, pear, pillow and princess. The better the cut, the better the light refraction and fire of the stone.
4. HIGH CLARITY GRADE – Diamonds too have imperfections called intrusions and blemishes. Not even these beauties are perfect to the core. The rarer ones are those that have very minimal to highly indistinguishable imperfections which are not seen by the naked eye alone. These are those that have the highest quality grade.
5. CARAT OR WEIGHT – Of course, the bigger the solitary diamond, the heavier it is. In terms of jewelry we refer to this as the carat weight.
6. DIAMOND COLOR – Platinum diamond solitaire rings may also have a pop of color in them. Although diamonds are more well known as being crystal clear, there are rare variants that come in hues of pink, red, yellow, orange, blue, green, brown and black.